Ok, I should be work and leadership focused with my pet peeves but maybe if I get this out…I won’t be so annoyed on my next trip! So this round of pet peeves is centered on airport travelers.
- Airline boarding approaches: I get it, you don’t want to wait in line. However, if you approach the agent when they call group 1 and you are in group 3, THEY WILL NOTICE. Then if you casually walk over to the front of group 3 as if you are the one that got screwed and try to cut, PEOPLE WILL NOTICE. This delays boarding and annoys people, quit it!
- Consider who is behind you: If you are taking your sweet ol’ time when you find your seat, stop it! Move into your seat section, unload your belongings onto the seat, prepare your roller bag, and then wait as a few people pass you by and QUICKLY stick your bag in the overhead. Not doing this causes boarding delays. In addition, if you get off the jet bridge and just STOP to get your bearings, there are people moving behind you that will likely almost hit you. Walk over to an area by the seats and look around.
- Where your bags go: I know this is hard; it’s only repeated several times before and during boarding. Your roller bag goes in the space above YOUR seat (not in the front of the plane as you walk to the back). Your personal item goes under your seat. Do not put your coat up until bags are in. You are just being selfish and rude if you put everything up above when the flight is full.
- Smelly food/feet/whatever: Do not go looking in the airport for the food that stinks the most to eat on the flight. Do not take your shoes off if your feet smell. People can’t get away from you, be considerate.
- Middle seat gets the arm rests: Do I really need to explain this? Actually, should I really have had to explain any of these?
As much as these are pet peeves, they are mine and in this case…yes, I get to judge you if you do any of these!
What are your flight traveler pet peeves?